Coming to see a production by The Lord Chamberlain’s Men should always be a special evening of magic, enjoyment and relaxation. In the current climate, however, we need to go beyond that and ensure that the evening is also as safe as we can all possibly make it. This year we are implementing several measures to help to do just that. Buying a ticket to come and join us means that you are agreeing to abide by the things that we ask of you. These measures are in place to keep you, us and everyone attending as safe as possible.
Here are the things that will be in place/things that will happen/things that we will ask of you:
- Audience members will receive a pre-event briefing. This will be sent to the lead booker in your party by email. It will detail some of what is below but will be venue specific and will be based on the most relevant information and guidance. You will receive this a few days before the performance you are attending. Read it, familiarise yourselves with it and ensure that your party reads it too.
- We will be asking you to wear a mask/face covering at all times whilst in the venue. Refusal to wear a mask/face covering will mean that we cannot allow you into the performance space/will need to ask you to leave. However, once you are sat in your designated position for watching the performance you may take your mask/face covering off. You are encouraged to wear it during the performance but whilst sat in your chair you can take it off.
- There will be contactless ticket checks. We are doing everything we can to minimise contact points throughout the venue.
- Please do not attend if you are exhibiting any Covid-19 symptoms such as: a high temperature, a new, continuous cough, a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste. More guidance here.
- There will be hand sanitiser stations. Please use them; they are there to help keep us all safe.
- There will NOT be an interval. The performance will run straight through without stopping. The toilets will be open before and during the performance. We will notify you of the exact performance time in your briefing but it will be approximately 95 minutes.
- Tables are not permitted in the performance area. Please bring a chair, please bring yourselves but this year you will not be able to use a table in the performance area.
- You may not approach/touch the stage nor can you go backstage. We are going to extraordinary lengths to create a Covid secure bubble for our company during the production and throughout the tour (more on that soon, it’s a great story!) so that we can bring you the show. We kindly ask that you respect that. We love hearing from you (especially when you say nice things about the show) but will have to ask this year for you to do that on social media or via email or loudly from a safe distance!
- As always, you will be sat in a specific location by a member of the company. We always do this so that we can get everyone nice and close and create a great atmosphere but this year we will be doing it so that we can make sure everyone is complying with the necessary level of audience social distancing as required at the time. Please have your chair ready and when directed move into place to get set and sat down as quickly as possible.
- Your departure from the performance space will be coordinated. We will be asking audience members to leave row by row so that there isn’t a crush at any point. Once the show has finished please pack up your belongings, don your mask/face covering and wait for us to give you further instruction.
We want you to have an amazing and enjoyable time with us but, most importantly, want everyone to be as safe as is possible. We cannot wait to welcome you all back, we have missed you. We will see you out there on the road this summer. Until we do please stay safe and we will see you soon.